Collection Time & Location
The City of Bridge City has contracted with Republic Services for trash collection services. Most large Commercial Accounts are required to have dumpster service.
Regular trash collection is provided Monday through Friday. Recycling services are provided at the City Equipment Yard.
Call Bridge City, City Hall to find out your pick-up day 409-735-6801. All trash and recycling needs to be set out by 7 a.m.
Residential Curbside Trash & Brush Pick-Up
Items collected include:
- Brush cut in lengths of 5 feet or less, tied in bundles not exceeding 18 inches in diameter, weighing no more than 50 pounds, and placed no more than 5 feet from the edge of the roadway on regular collection days.
- Junk or trash generated by ordinary maintenance of a household, but too large for container, items weighing no more than 50 pounds and that are able to be picked up by two people.
Trash carts furnished by the City must be used for curbside pickup.
The only holidays observed will be Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day. Garbage will be picked up the next working day.
Heavy Trash Items
Heavy trash items must be called in. These are defined as:
- Appliances (freon removed and properly tagged by licensed professional)
- Drained hot water heaters
When large items are set out, please call City Hall at 409-735-6801.
Items That Do Not Qualify for Pick-Up
Items that do not qualify for pick-up are:
- Debris from construction or remodeling
- Hazardous materials, vehicle bodies, tires Any other items excluded from landfills
- Items that are too heavy or bulky to be lifted onto a truck by two persons
The City of Bridge City has two community clean-ups a year. These are usually held in April and again in November each year. At these, depending on the availability, you can dispose of any unwanted trash that will not be picked up in regular service.