- Appearances can be made in person by the violator, by mail, or through an attorney.
- Your appearance date is 10 days from the date of your citation, or the Wednesday following the tenth day if the tenth day does not fall on a Wednesday. If unsure, call the Court.
- If you have received a summons, you must appear on the date listed on it. A telephone call does not constitute an appearance.
- Allow enough time in your schedule as this process may take some time.
- Arraignments are to advise you of the charge filed against you, your rights, and your options.
- Arraignments are held on Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. and again from 1:30 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- You must sign in by 11 a.m. for the morning session or 4 p.m. for the afternoon session to be seen.
- You must present a picture ID to be seen by the Judge.
Before Entering the Court Room
Before entering the Court Room, the following rules must be observed:
- Appropriate Dress Required - No shorts, flip flops, tank tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, ripped jeans, pajamas
- Children Must Be Quiet and Seated
- Hats, Caps, and Sunglasses Must Be Removed
- No Electronic Devices Allowed - No cell phone, pads/tablets, or pagers
- No Food or Drink Allowed
If you are unable to appear on your arraignment date, a continuance may be granted by the Judge if the request is submitted in writing prior to the arraignment date. No continuances are given over the telephone.