260 Rachal Dr.
Bridge City, Texas 77611
Phone: 409.735.6801
Fax: 409.735.3349

Main >> City Departments >> Community Development >> Planning & Zoning >> Permit & License Information


Building permits are required to move in, erect, enlarge, alter, remove, demolish, or repair a structure in the City of Bridge City.

Electrical permits are required for the installation of new electrical service equipment, existing service relocations, services increases, as well as fixed appliances and equipment connections.

Mechanical permits are required for the replacement, repair or alteration of mechanical systems in structures.

Plumbing permits are required for all plumbing work including water services, drains, water mains, sewage disposal systems and related fixtures and appliances. This includes gas lines, propane tanks, installation of sprinkler systems and associated piping for flammable liquids.

The City of Bridge City also issues permits for:
Itinerant Vendors, Peddlers/Solicitors, and Coin Operated Vending Machines

If you have any questions regarding permits please call 409-735-6801. Call ahead for your permit at 409-735-6801.


Liquor license:
The City issues liquor permit licenses in conjunction with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). The City license may be obtained upon receipt of the State license. To receive your City licenses you must present a copy of the TABC License, and submit the appropriate fee. The City permit is valid for one year.

For further information regarding the application process:
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission
6450 Concord
Beaumont, TX 77708